We are exclusively handling a Head of Media Relations role for this listed market-leader. This is a senior role responsible for leading and managing the Company’s 24/7 press office and issues management team. The role encompasses all Group issues management, including other subsidiary companies and all property-related issues management. The job holder will implement a new structure within the media relations team as the first task upon joining the Group.
This FTSE 100 retailer is a respected household name and boasts a large communications team of experts. They have an impressive reputation which requires top tier skills to maintain. This role plays an important part in channelling and managing all issues-led media relations to ensure the smooth operation of Group companies.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Head of Media Relations role:
- Lead the implementation of a new structure and strategy within the media relations team
- Lead the press office, ensuring team manages and resolves all inbound calls in a timely and helpful manner
- Monitor and measure the Group’s reputation
- To lead the issues management team and the media handling of any significant issues that impact on the Group’s corporate reputation
- Identifying, pre-empting and rebutting issues for the Group across all areas of the business
- Lead the collaboration between internal partners as appropriate to resolve issues
Key attributes and experience for this Head of Media Relations role:
- Experienced Corporate Communications Head of Media or Senior Manager, ideally with a consumer facing FTSE100 and / or Retail sector experience / well known issue-rich consumer facing brand
- Proven and demonstrable experience in media relations / issues and crisis management at a senior level within a broadcasting environment
- A mix of agency and in-house experience is desirable for the breadth of expertise – if you are working in an agency now you are likely to be working at Associate Director level or be a newly appointed Director
- Excellent judgement and can balance business / colleagues / external stakeholder needs and develop good solutions using experience and creativity, able to handle large amounts of information
- Effective collaborator and networker – able to build relationships internally at all levels and externally with a strong network of media contacts
- Proven management capabilities including people and budget
- A proven leader able to influence upwards and manage complex relationships including demanding senior audiences
- Journalist background desirable although not essential
To be considered for this Head of Media Relations role please click to apply.
For more details on this role and similar roles, contact Sarah Leembruggen on 02075596597 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website for our newest in-house and agency positions -