An online media company is looking for a confident PR Manager to manage reputation for two of its influential household brands and delivering the PR launch of a new website. This role will suit a communications professional with excellent media handling abilities and strong understanding of consumer finance.
This fast-growing, ambitious online media company owns some of the most high-profile consumer websites in the UK. Its award-winning PR team talks to national media on a daily basis and influence news agenda with data-driven campaigns.
Key challenges and opportunities in this PR Manager role:
- You will be a consumer champion and have great autonomy to set the PR strategy for the business going forward and to deliver high profile, impactful campaigns
- Working with a first class press office. Responsible for answering press phone and emails in and out of office hours, responding to any immediate or urgent requests quickly and accurately
- Managing, coaching and training spokespeople and managing their calendars for press interviews, broadcast interviews and video/podcast appearances
- Developing strong relationships with personal finance, trade, consumers and broadcast media and other key industry influencers
- Monitoring daily news and identifying opportunities to deliver expert commentary on personal finance matters
Key attributes and experience for this PR Manager role:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in personal finance PR with particular focus on mortgages
- Strong experience of effective media relations – you will have extensive contacts of relevant consumer and personal finance outlets
- Excellent networking with other PR teams and industry bodies, being able to influence other parties to support your vision in support of regulatory goals
- Ability to spot a good story and turn an opportunity into press coverage
- Bags of personality, energy and passion
- It’s likely that you will be working at an Account Director level in a consulancy or at PR Manager level in-house
- Excellent writing skills – able to articulate messages clearly and create fast, engaging sound bites
- Passionate about consumers and the issues they face when dealing with their finances
To be considered for this PR Manager role please click to apply.
For more details on this role and similar roles, contact Canace on 07917 875 669 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website for our newest in-house and agency positions -